Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hurricane Irma

Sooooo.... With Irma wobbling back and forth through the weekend we can pretty sure bet that there will be no banding on September 10th. In fact, depending on how bad this monster is we may not be banding for the foreseeable future.

I am sure the banding site will flood and who knows how many trees will fall there and throughout Central Florida. When Charlie roared through Orlando as a Category 1 my house was without power for nearly 2 weeks and trees blocked many roads. I still drive by where they took trees to be shredded and piled. They filled a football field (literally) and was several stories tall.

Irma is much larger and slower. Fingers crossed. I will have to ride it out and inspect the property (mine and Lake Lotus) later when I can. I will update this blog as soon as possible with any meaningful information.

Buckle up, Florida! Going to be a bumpy weekend.

Stay safe,

Andrew
______________________________________
Next (planned) Banding Day: UNKNOWN/TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment